Who would have imagined two years ago that a simple conversation about women and whisky could lead to such a wonderful group!
Each month we come together in different members home to explore diverse whiskies from around the world. We’ve had quite the adventures and you can read more about the Whisky Ladies of Mumbai’s experiences in the Whisky Ladies Corner.
But this fine August evening was meant purely for celebration of our two year milestone as the “Whisky Ladies of Mumbai.”
Naturally as this is a fellowship over whisky, the drams were centre stage… Some were revisits of favourite drams from earlier tasting sessions… Some were shared for the 1st time with the Whisky Ladies.
- Aberlour A’bunadh Batch 40 60% (Batch#35 Cask Strength Diwali, Nov 2015 and Batch #46 Pairing with chocolate, Feb 2016)
- Bowmore NAS Black Rock 40% (Glencairn vs Norlan Glass, Nov 2016 and Bowmore Travel Trilogy, April 2017)
- Brenne Estate Cask 40% (Risky Whiskies? March 2017)
- Bruichladdich Laddie Eight 50% (The Ladies sampled the Classic Laddie during our Bruichladdich Peat Progression, May 2017)
- Dalmore 12 year 40% (Ladies earlier sampled the 15 year in March 2017)
- Glenlivet 21 year 43% – While many a lady has sampled, this was its first time gracing the Whisky Ladies group
- Glenmorangie The Tayne 43% (A night with Glen, June 2017)
- Laphroaig Quarter Cask 48% – 1st time with the Whisky Ladies
- Monkey Shoulder 40% (Whisky Ladies 1st Anniversary, Aug 2016)
- Peat Monster 46% (Compass Box Quintet, July 2017)
- Talisker Neist Point 45.8% – 1st time with the Whisky Ladies
This was not an evening for careful dissecting, discerning and discussing drams. This was an evening to enjoy over conversation with wonderful company, accompanied by morsels of yumminess!
A few extras from the last year:
- Hosted the Bombay Malt & Cigar gents with our top voted interesting drams
- A wee bit of media exposure in the Mumbai Mirror
- When International Scotch day is NOT about the whisky!
- Set up the Whisky Ladies Corner to feature content only from this group where you can read all about our sampling adventures!
We look forward to many more adventures together! Thank you ladies for making each gathering such a wonderful experience!
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: