Years ago, a dear Whisky aficionado shared his favourite Whisky festival in the world is Paris Whisky Live. He had traveled the world for years to find the best of the best, unique quality distillers, best mixologists, and those memorable experiences that linger in the best possible way. I managed to get to La Maison du Whisky’s Whisky Live in Singapore several times (2018, 2017, 2016), however despite a few attempts, never managed to make it to Paris… until 2022!!
Day 1 was devoted to the VIP area:
- Atom Brands – That Boutique-y Whisky Co 10th Anniversary drams, Darkness sherry treats, Character of Islay
- Gordon & MacPhail – Discovery, Connoisseurs Choice, Collectors
- LMdW Biere & Whisky – Focus on Arran
- LMdW Chichibu connect with artist Aki Kurada
- LMdW Ex-Libris – Knappague Castle trio with a J W Wiser’s 40 year
- LMdW Artist #12 – As always, such a treat!
- Valinch & Mallet – My first intro to this Italian indie bottler
- LMdW Scottish Whisky – A few specials with Caperdonich, Mortlach, Glenfarclas
And closed with a Masterclass with Arran focused on Lagg distilleries.
- France – Amorik, Arlette, Maison Benjamin Kuentz, Nationale 10
- India – Rampur with Jugalbandi 1 + 2,Asava and Double Cask
- Scottish – Craigallachie, Fettercairn, GlenAllachie, Mortlach, Royal Brackla
There will be no rush on sharing further tasting notes and impressions… because it was one of those festivals you want to slowly explore… like a lovely multi-course meal… no need to rush from course to course!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: