Next in our Paris Whisky Live wanderings was a rather rewarding stop at the Fettercairn booth. So what did we think of our Fettercairn 16, 18, and 22 year vintages?
Fettercairn 18 year 46.8% 700 bottles, to launch “soon” ie post Sept 2022 (approx Eur 200)
- Nose – Soft, nuanced, fruity, vanilla, puff pastry, some coffee?
- Palate – Nice, spicy, nutty, chocolate raspberry, black cherry, sweet spices, apple strudel
- Finish – Follows through…
When we tasted this in September 2022, our guide shared that it was about to be released. It is matured with a combination of 1st fill and refill ex-bourbon American white oak casks and finished in Scottish oak casks.
Fettercairn 22 year 47% (approx Eur 233)
- Nose – A beautiful burst of tropical fruits, citrus, raisins
- Palate – Spicy, full-flavoured, fruity and fab
- Finish – Quite unusual and distinct – I struggled to put my finger (aka “nose”) on it – there was liquorice and marmalade, and something else that I never was able to properly identify
What more do we know? It is from first-fill ex-bourbon casks with no other finishes.
As for the 16 year? I decided to combine my tasting notes from Paris with those from London which you can check out here! Same with our sniff and swish of Warehouse No. 2.
Curious about other Fettercairn expressions? Read on….
- 12 year 40%
- 12 year (Oct 2006 / Feb 2019) Refill Barrel 57.4% (North Star 007)
- 16 year (2021) Batch 003, 46.4%
- 21 Year (May 2018) 48.6% Batch 3 (That Boutique-y Whisky Company)
- Warehouse No. 2 (2022) Batch 004, 48.8%
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN