The whisky that ruled our Whisky Ladies “Contributors Choice” evening was The Glenrothes … A speyside distillery known for its rich, complex vintages. For some of our whisky ladies this was an introduction, for others a welcome opportunity to revisit a favoured dram.
- Nose – Caramel, toffee, vanilla, coffee, honey suckle, buttery, sticky bun, gingerbread
- Palate – Treacle, oily, bread pudding with vanilla sauce, rum raisins with panache, pumpkin pie
- Finish – Burnt candy orange, allspice
Soooo yummy! Grounded, complex and complete.
After such a super sweet nose, it was so welcome to have more depth on the palate. Like coming full cycle. Clear balance between maturing in ex-Bourbon and Sherry casks.
Their description of “Autumnal fruits, alluring spice” is spot on.
It was a clear favourite with the Whisky Ladies.
And what do the folks at The Glenrothes have to say? Read on…
- Bouquet: Autumn orchard, custard cream biscuits, fleeting but recurrent floral notes.
- Palete: Fresh, uplifting, bottled pears, soft alluring spices
- Finish: Medium length. Refreshingly fruity with uplifting spices
So what did we sample in our Whisky Ladies “Contributor’s Choice” evening?
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: