Gordon & MacPhail never disappoints. And while it would have been nice to have someone from the team at WhiskyLive Singapore like in 2016, their whiskies spoke loud and clear. While just a sniff, swish and move on, it was still terrific to have a quick insight into a trio of lovely drams.
Balmenach (2008/2016) 46%
- Nose – Grassy, perfumes, crisp apples
- Palate – Straight forward, spice, fruity, simple yet quality.
- Finish – Really nice spice finish
Linkwood 15 year 43%
- Nose – Sherry, floral and fruity
- Palate – Creamy, well rounded, smooth, accessible. Very smooth… a nice “lazy” dram
- Finish – Such a delightful happy finish
Ardmore 1997 45%
- Nose – Vegetal, leafy tea, light pepper and smoke
- Palate – Forest, sweet, while not complicated, has a nice easy drinkable quality.
- Finish – Easy dram
A nice diversion… and a reminder Gordon & MacPhail delivers.
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: