Unfortunately, I was insanely delayed reaching so we had two sets of tasting notes… the core group captured beautifully by another member and then her capturing of my ‘speed tasting’ solo impressions. I have definitely never zipped through sampling three whiskies in mere minutes before!
- Group – Medicinal to smoky bacon, the nose gives the feel that it must have body… breathing very well like a “book flippping opening fast,” honey-glazed ham, marmalade
- Solo – Oily, a bit ‘in your face’ as in ‘Pay Attention!’ but in a good way, overripe fruits, bananas, definitely quite ‘forward’ on the nose… as it opened baby puke sour, bacon then back to sour with the smokey meaty element gone
- Group – Coffee, dry on the tongue, no smoke / peat on taste
- Solo – Robust, tobacco, chewy, faintly bitter
- Group / Solo – No finish… as in nada
- Overall – It has attitude and also is quite a character. Worthy of further exploration. Something is going on with this one!
- Smoky. Buttery. Rich. Crafted for Cocktails.
- We take three fractions of malted barley, each smoked by a different fuel – cherry wood, peat, and beechwood – to craft this deeply complex whiskey.
- Pot distilled then barreled in a new charred oak, Triple Smoke has the sweetness and barrel notes of an American whiskey and a single malt’s rich smoke, broadened by tones of cherry and beech. Excellent mixed or neat.
- Huge, rich flavour. Three smokes with peat at the fore, sweetness and vanillas. Buttery, broad flavour and long finish. Makes a great Manhattan.
Did we like it? You bet!
Check out the other whiskies sampled at our September 2015 session:
- Compass Box Juveniles – an effervescent blend from Scotland I previously sampled at La Maison du Whisky
- Greenore 18 year – An Irish single grain whiskey
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: