Suddenly everything changed! From a whisky famine to a feast. From being in the same place morning, noon and night to traipsing from one country to another, different homes, even a couple of Scottish distilleries, an exceptional evening with The Whisky Exchange’s Sukhinder Singh, four different evenings of minis…. wow!
Then to top off my travels… arriving back in Germany to literally go straight to Ziegler Distillery to spend a weekend with the fabulous Sharing Angels.
And that wasn’t all… it was also time to reach out to our desi connects in Europe to virtually launch our European chapter of the Whisky Ladies. What better excuse to crack open all the whiskies I’ve managed to acquire in Germany so far!
It will take a while to share all the tasting notes and insights… however here is a summary of what’s in store!
- Arran Lochranza and Lagg distillery visits
- Glengoyne distilery visit – 12 year 43%, 16 year Original Creation Cask Strength, Teapot Dram 1st Fill Oloroso Casks, Batch No 007 59.9%
London and Bath Tastings
- An evening with Sukhinder Singh, The Whisky Exchange
- That Boutique-y Whisky Company Chinese New Year Quintet: Teaninich 11 year 47.9%, Glenburgie 8 year 55.2%, Speyside #3 8 year 50.7%, Linkwood 10 year 48.2%, Auchroisk 12 year 47.9%
- Summer minis – Brenne Cuvée Spéciale French Single Malt Whisky 40%, Mackmyra Äppelblom 46.1%, Mackmyra Glöd 46.1%, Longmorn 10 year Batch 3, 48.3% (TBWC)
- Dunkerton Drams – Nikka Days 40%, Lakes Distillery Steel Bonnets 46.6%, Starward Nova 41%, Fettercairn 10 year 40%
- American minis – Hudson Baby Bourbon 46%, TBWC 24 year Bourbon No 1 48%, Balcones Single Malt 53%, Whistle Pig Rye 50%
Germany’s Willkommen with a weekend trip to Ziegler Distillery with a tasting tour of Aureum Whiskies together with the German Sharing Angels
And last but certainly not least, preparations for the European chapter of the Whisky Ladies of Mumbai… and remembering our Whisky Ladies tasting at Paul John distillery.
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s semi-monthly summaries:
- Whisky Lady – June to Aug 2020
- Whisky Lady – Mar to May 2020
- Whisky Lady – Feb 2020
- Whisky Lady – Jan 2020
- Celebrating 1000 whisky posts!
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN