As the months of the pandemic stretch on… our whisky tasting groups have clearly not been meeting in person. For the Bombay Malt & Cigar gents and I, we’d done a couple virtual evenings together – each nipping into what was on hand from our various locales around the globe.
With my UK trip, my host and fellow drammer and I could join together in London while the others tuned in from Belgium and two homes in Mumbai. We decided to add to the mix a merry lass from France known well to the gents from a memorable trip to Scotland years before.
So there we were… poised to pick from our 2019 Master of Malt Advent Calendar. What pray tell did we chose?
Of all the options, we decided to explore a quartet from America….
- Hudson Baby Bourbon 46% – Interesting aromas, palate? Meh.
- TBWC 24 year Bourbon No 1 48% – Wow! Wow! Wow!
- Balcones Single Malt 53% – A bourbon-y single malt…
- Whistle Pig Rye 50% – Bring on the Rye baby!
It turned out to be a rather good mix of styles… and good fun having (gasp!) three people tasting together in the same room. What a rarity these days!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN