Back in Germany, we have Whisk(e)y-Messe Nürnberg THE VILLAGE happening this weekend! I can’t wait to share impressions, experiences and more! It will be my first foray into whisky events in Europe since moving here.
While I’m still getting set-up in Europe, you can imagine something every whisky explorer wants a whisky cabinet! Though I haven’t started a new collection, I did both acquire a cabinet (of sorts) and even an old favourite whisky – Old Pulteney 12 year – to grace its glass shelves.
In Nurnberg, I finally cracked open my Drinks by the Dram advent calendar to sample with a friend. What did we try?
- Rye – WhistlePig 10 Year 54.3% – Drinks By The Dram Exclusive
- Highland – Dalmore 14 Year (2003) 57.8% – Single Cask (Master of Malt)
- Bourbon – Heaven Hill 8 Year “Revival” 2009 (cask 152736) 63.5% – The Higginbottom
- Islay – Caol Ila 8 Year 46% – Provenance (Douglas Laing)
And on this blog, I continued to traipse down desi memory lane with:
- The Whisky Ladies August trip to Paul John Distillery with a tour and most impressive tasting experience, with a bonus “Gin O’Clock” afternoon tipple
- A Balvenie evening in Mumbai… which turned out to be a bit different than anticipated
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: