London is one of my favourite cities! Whisky tasting and exploring a favourite activity! Add to the combination a fabulous companion and you have a dream mix.
Our approach with London’s The Whisky Show 2022 was “less is more”… fewer stops, fewer drams, more time spent with most of them. A full day of slowly meandering between booths, chatting, listening and learning, sniffing, swishing, and (mostly!) spitting our way through some wonderful whiskies – from standards to sublime rare treats!
Ground floor whisky wanderings:
- Cotswolds – Where our journey began
- Paul John – Couldn’t pass up one from the Astrological Sign series – Methuna
- Gordon & Macphail – Always a delight – a don’t miss! We began with a couple from the Discovery range, an Ardmore Distillery Label, then a pair of Connoisseurs Choice, closing with the Private Collection – Imperial & Inverleven
- The Macallan – Indulged my companion’s memory of Macallan
- That Boutique-y Whisky Company – One of our mainstays, joining their 10th-anniversary celebrations!
- Arran – Focused on the peaty Machrie Moor
- Fettercairn – Dipped in for a nice nip
- The Diageo Dram room – Missed the chocolate pairing so simply sampled a Clynelish and moved on…
- Kyro – Finnish Rye discovery
- Berry Brothers & Rudd – Enjoyed a Speyside pit stop
First Floor forays:
- Watt Whisky – A new independent bottler founded by the Watts
- The Whisky Exchange: Whisky Show Bottlings – Where Duncan shared an extra special Rosebank ‘showstopper’ treat!
Masterclass: The Unbelievable Truth About Whisky with Gregg Glass, James Saxon, Alex Bruce, Sam Simmonds, Phil & Simon Thompson… like stepping into a private gathering of old friends, catching up telling tall tales over a fine dram or two.
Just like savouring some of our special dram experiences, I plan to take time to share tasting notes over the coming month or so. So sit back, relax and in due course, you will be able to vicariously enjoy the show!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: