Next up in our Gordon & Macphail tastings at the London Whisky Show were offerings from their Distillery Labels range…
So far from this series, we had a tasting with the Mortlach 15, and I tried their Ardmore and Linkwood at Whisky Live Singapore in 2017. I later acquired the Linkwood 15 year, which is patiently waiting at home in Mumbai for the right tasting opportunity, and the Glenbergie 15 year which is with me in Nurnberg.
However, what did Gordon & Macphail offer from their Distillery Labels range in Oct 2022?
Ardmore (2000/2021) 46% (G&MP Distillery Range)
- Nose – Starts off with a fresh sea breeze with seaweed and sea salt, with a good dash of smoke and citrus
- Palate – Oh… what a lovely round soft peat! With the fruits shifting from citrus to apple sauce, then a nice creamy ‘roll around’ your tongue yumminess
- Finish – Surprisingly strong spice – particularly cracked black peppers – nice!
How delightful! Like all our other sampling, I intended to only sniff, swish, and spit this one… but I must confess, I may have missed that last step! I would certainly be interested in giving this one more time and attention on another occasion….
What more do we know? Our friendly guide shared this Ardmore had the benefit of both ex-Bourbon and ex-Sherry casks, currently retailing for approx GBP 150.
And what do the official Gordon & Macphail official tasting notes say?
- Nose – Juicy BLOOD ORANGE and CANDIED APPLE aromas combine with a subtle hint of VANILLA. SMOKE features prominently alongside tart GRAPEFRUIT and LEMON PEEL.
- Taste – Smoky BONFIRE EMBERS complement BAKED APPLE and sweet ORANGE ZEST. Light and spicy; BLACK PEPPER develops alongside flavours of MILK CHOCOLATE with an undertone of ANISEED.
- Finish – A light and medium-bodied finish with lingering SMOKE and COCOA POWDER.
As shared, Gordon & Macphail is a “must” stop at any Whisky Festival! If you are curious about previous experiences, read on….
- Whisky Live Paris 2022
- Whisky Live Singapore 2018
- Whisky Live Singapore 2017
- Whisky Live Singapore 2016
So then… where did our whisky wanderings take us next?? Why on to the Connoisseurs Choice range!!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN