Every once and a while folks move on to different lands, leaving behind a gift or two. In this case, it was a bottle of Sipsmith Sloe gin…
For those not familiar with sloe gin, what makes it distinctive is soaking blackthorn ‘sloe’ drupes and sugar in gin, bringing both colour and flavour to the gin.
I met up with this friend recently in Singapore and so on my return, decided to enjoy a summery Sunday (yes – it is still hot here in Mumbai!) cocktail.
Here is what I made…
Sipsmith’s Sloe Gin Martini
- 2 generous drams of Sloe Gin
- 1/4 dram of Vermouth
- Few dashes of Angostura bitters
- Shake or stir over ice until cold
- Garnish with an orange peel
- Serve in a chilled martini glass
If you want it even lighter, add a splash of sparkling water or soda…
This particular Sipsmith Sloe Gin is from 2013 and has a juicy sweet plummy flavour which becomes more refreshing chilled and diluted with ice.
Other cocktail adventures include:
- Bourbon Cocktail Hour in Bombay! FEW Bourbon 46.5% + Manhattan, Mitcher’s Small Batch 45.7% + Sazerac, Cleveland Underground Apple Wood Bourbon 45% + Whiskey Sour
- DISCUS American bourbon, rye and cocktails – Old Fashioned, Manhattan, Mint Julep, The Ginger Baker, Spiced Boulevardier
Don’t want to miss more posts? Why not follow Whisky Lady on: