Let me admit upfront that I really enjoy whisky “Advent” calendars with their range of minis. However I tend to purchase them ‘off-season’ – preferably on sale – as my purpose is to taste throughout the year rather than a specific time.
However this year, I purchased the Vita Dulcis Whisk(e)y International 4th Edition in time to taste from 1st December. When I set out tasting, I had a goal to complete before year end, but was also fine if unsuccessful. The plan was to try in ‘groupings’… primarily on the weekend.
I also was expecting to be in Dubai for Christmas so intended to bring along any I hadn’t yet tried to open and sample there. Then plans were derailed by COVID – as they have derailed so many plans for so many people around the world.
So I found myself remaining, alone, in Nurnberg, Germany… thankfully with the distraction of a worthy ‘target’ to complete not only tasting but also tasting notes of 24 whiskies from around the world! For after all… if I couldn’t travel to see the world… why not let my palate be a tourist. Did I succeed? You bet!
So what is part of this wee whisk(e)y world tour?
- Japan – Suntory “Toki” Blend 43%
- Japan – Kaikyo Distillery Hatozaki Blended Whisky 40%
- Taiwan – Kavalan Concertmaster Port Cask Finish 40%
- Finland – Teerenpelli Kaski Sherry Cask 43%
- France – Armorik Double Maturation 46%, Bellevoye Tourbee Triple Malt Whiskey 43%
- Germany – Slyrs Worldwide Spirits Limited Edition Vintage 2012-2106 Oloroso Cask 55.9%
- Sweden – Mackmyra 5 year Rok Oloroso Cask Finish 46.3% Exclusive single cask bottling for Vita Dulcis
- Switzerland – Santis Malt Himmelberg Edition 43%
- Hyde No 5 “The Aras Cask” Burgundy Cask Finish 46% – Single Grain Whiskey
- Connemera Original Peated 40%
- The Quiet Man “An Culchists” 12 years 46%
- Roe & Co Cask Strength Limited Release 2019 Edition 59.1%
- Bulleit Frontier Whiskey 10 year Kentucky Straight Bourbon 45.6%
- Corsair Hydra 42% – American Malt Whiskey
- Heaven’s Door Straight Rye Whiskey 43%
- Knob Creek Straight Rye Whiskey 50%
- Legent Two True Legends Finished in Wine and Sherry Cask 47% – Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Interested in receiving more Whisky Lady posts? Why not follow on: