So what next in the Vita Dulcis 2020 Advent Calendar?
This wasn’t my first time sampling a Teerenpeli Kaski. I remember quite enjoying it however much has changed since I first tried it – namely a new Teerenpeli distillery opened in 2015 next to the Teerenpeli brewery rather than the original distillery in the city centre. They still use pot stills, just now with enhanced capacity to 100,000 litres / year. Not bad!
What matters most… did memory serve me well?
Finland – Teerenpelli Kaski Sherry Cask 43%
- Colour – Dark gold
- Nose – Apricot, cinnamon spice, honey sweet, light curl of peat topped with brown sugar
- Palate – Sherry with peat, has a nice chewy quality, prunes, lots of character and frankly just delicious
- Finish – Yum!
There is something a bit zesty and cheeky about this whisky. I wouldn’t call it ‘brash’ but it definitely has a perky character. Each sip is more and more enjoyable.
I set it aside to see how it was after some time…. it didn’t disappoint! Except for 2 cl being insufficient!
What have I tried from Teerenpeli?
- Teerenpeli 10 year 43% – From 2015/16 – 1st introduction to Teerenpeli, recommended by the gents at The Whisky Exchange – really enjoyed!
- Teerenpeli Kaski 43% – From 2016/17 – 1st time trying this expression
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN