Unbelievable but true! I have managed to taste all 24 minis within one month. Something I have never imagined I would accomplish. Now… admittedly, I wasn’t tasting every day. Nor was I even completing each mini. Instead I grouped them in trios and quartets, settling into a sniff, swish and consideration… mostly on weekends. Curious to know more? You can read about all of the minis here.
As for my penultimate dram? Fittingly, it closed on Europe with a single cask of a Swedish peaty Mackmyra, bottled specifically for Vita Dulcis.
Sweden – Mackmyra 5 year Rök Oloroso Cask Finish 46.3% Exclusive single cask bottling for Vita Dulcis
- Nose – A bit dusty, then smokey, a dash of honey, fresh and woodsy, a dash of caramel, cinnamon, then shifted into maple chased by vanilla, cured meats
- Palate – OK now we have peat, delicious, peaking behind was fruits, then baked goods
- Finish – Bitter sweetness, cinnamon, nicely lingers…
I must say, the more I sipped, the more I enjoyed it. Even after finishing the last drop, came back to my empty glass just to enjoy the aromas. A nice way to wind things up…
As a single cask, I wasn’t able to find specific tasting notes, however I checked out my previously experience with Svensk Rök 46.1%. I’d agree it is certainly in the same vein.
You may also find other encounters with Mackmyra of interest:
- Mackmyra 3 Year Bachair Private Cask. 3 Year Preludium 01 De Första Dropparna 55.6% + 3 year, Batch 1, 47.2% (TBWC)
- Mackmyra 8 Year Dram Good Whisky
- Mackmyra 12 Year (Bourbon barrel) 50.2% (Chorlton)
- Mackmyra Äppelblom 46.1%
- Mackmyra Mack 40%
- Mackmyra Svensk Rok 46.1%
- Mackmyra Vinterdröm 46.1%
- Mackmyra Vinterglöd 46.1%
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: