After the first drop (De Första Dropparna), we moved on to an 8 year old Mackmyra.
Now it wasn’t directly released by Mackmyra… nothing so simple as that! Instead Dram Good Whisky is a collection of friends who banded together to buy barrels of whisky. You won’t find this cheeky label on a retail shelf anywhere.
Which made our having an opportunity to try a sample all the most appealing. Our inner whisky geek was getting rather tickled at the opportunity to try something a wee bit obscure!
- Nose – Much more subtle than the 1st drop, fruits, juniper, apricot, stewed fruits, minerals, vanilla
- Palate – A touch harsh, mineral, more juniper, wood, resin, pine, lively
- Finish – Bitter wood, herbal
Overall it was quite pleasant. While still in the territory of being a bit ‘raw,’ it managed to achieve the state of becoming a drinkable dram that made us wish we had just a few drops more.
Once again, what a treat to try something we would otherwise have never been able to acquire!
*** Whiskies courtesy of
- Nordic Whisky #76 – Mackmyra Preludium:01 – De första dropparna
- Nordic Whisky #105 – Mackmyra 2008 8 YO Dram Good Whisky No. 3
Next up in our Nordic whisky experiences:
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: