Next up is a wee jaunt over to Asia to check out a trio from my 2020 Vita Dulcis Adventkalendar…. two of which I’ve already sampled… many years ago!
- Taiwan – Kavalan Concertmaster Port Cask Finish 40% – From a bottle I bought in Taipei in 2012 and now
- Japan – Suntory “Toki” Blend 43% – From an open bottle sampled after a regular tasting session early 2017
- Japan – Kaikyo Distillery Hatozaki Blended Whisky 40% – Curious to sample! 🙂
I decided to start with the “Toki” as I remembered it being light, fruity, easy drinking.
What did I find in this most recent encounter?
Japan – Suntory “Toki” Blend 43%
- Nose – Lightly citrus, fresh green apples and cheese, honey
- Palate – Apples, bit of ginger, light spice, more of that citrus, mint
- Finish – Consistent with the palate, light spice
Spot on with my memory – simple, refreshing, easy to drink – think of a mint julep or lemonade!
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN