So what have I been up to the last few months? A mix of new tasting experiences and slowly making my way through notes from 2022 – which was particularly “busy” with two weekends of Whisky Festivals.
My first tasting session of 2023 was with the Bombay Malt & Cigar lads – what fun! It was my turn to “host” the whiskies so I carefully chose a theme – Swansong. Each whisky came from an independent bottler and each had a story, celebrating whiskies that once were and will not be (quite the same) ever again.
- Cambus 29 year (1990 / 2020) ex Bourbon Cask No. 93596 52% (Elixir, The Whisky Trail Retro) – Closed in 1993
- Glenburgie 21 year 43% (Gordon & Macphail Distillery Labels) – From before production stopped in 2000, since revamped and re-opened
- Tullibardine 29 year 47.5% (Chorlton) – From before it was “mothballed” in 1995 with production restarting in 2003.
It was quite the way to kick off a new year!
Paris Whisky Live tastings continued with:
- Gordon & MacPhail – From Discovery to Connoisseurs Choice to Collectors
- LMdW Scottish Whisky – A few specials with Caperdonich, Mortlach, Glenfarclas
- Lagg Masterclass
- France – Amorik, Arlett, Maison Benjamin Kuentz, Nationale 10
- India – Rampur with Jugalbandi 1 + 2, Asava and Double Cask
- Scottish – Craigellachie, Fettercairn, Glenallachie, Mortlach, Royal Brackla
As a pre-cursor to Sweden’s Agitator’s Whisky Ladies of Mumbai session, I shared notes from their early experiments with:
It was interesting to see how Agitator evolved into the rather interesting trio we tried late December with their two core expressions: Single Malt 43% and Rök 43% plus a limited edition small batch expression Argument: Småfat 46%.
Back in Nurnberg, I cracked open a Glenlivet travel retail trio of Reserve, Solera Vatted, and Small Batch. Because, why not?
Curious to know more? Check out a few more summaries:
- Whisky Lady – October to December 2022
- Whisky Lady – July to September 2022
- Whisky Lady – May + June 2022
- Whisky Lady – March + April 2022
- Whisky Lady – February 2022
- Whisky Lady – January 2022
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN
Additionally, there are the two ‘off-shoots’ with:
- Whisky Ladies of Mumbai blog with the continuing adventures of the lovely ladies in India
- Whisky Ladies European chapter insta with our new explorations in colder climes!