My June 2016 trip to London meant I brought back not only the delightful Finnish Teerenpeli… I also acquired an array of miscellaneous malt miniatures from The Whisky Exchange in Covent Garden, London.
What caught my fancy?
- The Arran 14 year 46% – To contrast with a Port matured expression waiting to sample in a set of non-standard casks (i.e. not bourbon / sherry)
- Auchroisk 1996/2014 46% (Gordon & MacPhail) – Tried a 20 year old last year however a G&MP bottling is always a good sign…
- Glencadam 15 year 46% – Purely as have yet to try one from this distillery
- Glen Keith 1993/2011 46% (Gordon & MacPhail) – Ditto… haven’t tried so curious
- Longrow Peated NAS 46% – Loved what I tried years ago… couldn’t spare the space for a full bottle yet couldn’t resist a mini!
- Wemyss Peat Chimney 12 year 40% – Again… simply curious… and know there are more from this range to explore…
Tune in over the coming weeks as some of these wee beauties will be revealed…
Thanks to my London whisky shopping companion, we’ve also dipped into a few other minis too:
- More miniatures – Speyside, Edradour 10 year, Glendronach 18 & 21 year
- Miniatures – Tomatin Legacy, Highland Park 8 year (G&MP), TWE Edition No 1 Speyside + No 2 Islay
- Tomintoul ‘Mini’ Trilogy – 10, 16 + 27 year
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: