Sampling whisky is an expensive habit and one most enjoyable when shared. Rather than brag about brilliant drams, talk about top tipples, I want to start 2017 by saying thank you for those who aided in ways big and small Whisky Lady adventures. Because of you, 2016 resulted in over 200 posts – unbelievable!
Above, Whisky Lady in India is a collective effort – a chronicle of tasting sessions – so thank you fellow Mumbai whisky club members:
- Our original private group that meets religiously at least 8 times a year on the 3rd Thursday for nearly six years.
- I’m so proud of our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai – an amazing group of remarkable often unconventional ladies who forge unique paths in their lives… our monthly fellowship over a dram is something I look forward to!
- And our Bombay Malt & Cigar gentlemen – you have introduced me not only to some mighty fine whiskies but the world of fine cigars. I still can’t believe I puffed up in smoke a $400 cigar?!
Thank you also fellow bloggers and whisky aficionados:
- Thomas from Whisky Saga for his Nordic Explorers dozen, with the last four lined up for sampling in 2017
- Dear friends from Winnipeg with their whisky stash “I don’t collect stamps”
- Winnipeg’s Cabinet for yet again welcoming an ex-Winnipeg interloper to their midst for a peaty night of whisky fellowship
- The ever amusing exchanges with the Whisky Waffle lads
- A special nod to one BMC member – our TWE London afternoon whisky shopping spree was definitely a 2016 highlight! And continues to fuel our many miniature sampling sessions…
- My ex Mumbai now Singapore lover of fine wine and gin became a welcome whisky companion at Whisky Live. Without you, I never would have wandered into the Collector’s Room and sampled the unique Bruichladdich 1965 bottled for Lady Di & Prince Charles.
Two very specific thank yous:
- Keshav – Friend and fellow spirits explorer, who turned an amateur interest into an avocation with The Vault Fine Spirits. I’m so proud of what you have accomplished!
- Krishna – India’s very own Malt Maniac for generously sharing your insights and select rare samples from your collection… your dedication to the world whisky fabric is inspiring
Thank you also distillery and industry well wishers who generously share their wares. Specifically:
- The wonderful folks from InterBeverage for kindly arranging a guest pass for Whisky Live Singapore 2016
- Michael from Paul John who made firm fans in the Whisky Ladies with your whiskies… including sparking a distillery visit
- We are looking forward to soon cracking open Shelter Point’s inaugural Single Malt – a new entry from Canada
We also have global whisky mules who keep us supplied… sourcing interesting whiskies isn’t easy and many a different dram would never make it to our shores without you.
Above all, I would like to thank my partner. While he does not indulge in whisky, he indulges me – every day in small and big ways. Thank you.
For more related updates and activities, check out: