While our base may be Bombay, we are an aventuresome lot… with one of our merry malters making his way to Cartegena, Columbia in a quest for quality rums.
Here is what he found in Columbia:
Plus another tasting companion simply had to add to the mix with another rum from his recent trip to The Seychelles:
And if this wasn’t enough, from Colombia also came a trio of “Licor de cacao” – Chilli, Passion Fruit and Orange… with narry a drop of alcohol but an experiment that intrigued our travelling man.
Do yourself a favour and stop now. We all concluded we had never come across something quite so foul before. Ever. I guess some experiments simply don’t cross the oceans well…
As for the rums? Read on over the next few days… you won’t be disappointed.
Other rum explorations include:
- Is Single Rum the new Single Malt? Masterclass with Luca Gargano and Dave Broom
- Clairin Vaval 58.1%
- Criterion Barbados Single Blended Rum 10 years Ex Bourbon / Ex Madiera April 2017 56%
- Diplomatico 40%
- El Dorado 12 year 40%
- Habitation Velier Forsyths White (2005) 57.8%
- Hampden 2010 HLCF 68.5% (Jamaican pure single rum)
- Zacapa 23 Solera 40% vs XO 40%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: