After the Diplomatico and Zacapa duo in our rum sampling evening, was El Dorado. My 1st brush with El Dorado was the 15 year version at the close of a whisky tasting session, paired with a delicious desert.
- Nose – Raisins, very sugary, strong caramel
- Palate – Alcohol to the extent of being more cognac like than rum
By this point you could tell we’d had enough… Truly there is much more going on with this rum and I certainly recalled quite enjoying it with a previous tasting experience as a ‘finish’ to a delightful evening of whiskies.
El Dorado is from Guyana and here’s what the folks over at El Dorado have to say:
Lush tropical fruit and spice nose with hints of honey and dark sugar. Round, mellow, full bodied palate with rich flavours of fruit and spice. The finish is delightful, elegant and dry.
“Hedonistic and well balanced”
What else did we sample in our rummy evening?
- Venezuela – Diplomatico 40%
- Guatamala – Zacapa 23 Solera 40% vs XO 40%
- Barbados – Criterion 10 year (April 2017) Ex Bourbon / Ex Madiera 56%
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN