Tis the season to be jolly… and all that jazz! Yet before all the mad social rounds of the season kicked off, we snuck in a completely chilled out informal sampling of samples…
Call it a “Pajama Drams” night, it had no formality just a few folks, more than a few samples to put side by side to provoke some interesting tasting experiences…
What did we try?
- Bunnahabhain 24 year (1990) 51%
- Tullabardine Burgundy 43%
- Millstone (1998/2016) 55.5% brilliantly compared with Glendronach 21 year (1993/2014) 58.1%
- Wolfburn “Morven” 46% contrasted with Wolfburn “Aurora” 46%
- An experiment in glass vs glass with Amrut’s Intermediate Sherry 57.1%
- Aberlour’s A’bunadh Batch #53 (2015) 60.5%
It may seem like a prodigious amount for one sitting but we were a disciplined lot… some sniffing, swishing and spitting went on plus a few swallows, discarding the balance. Sacralige to some but sensible for us.