You thought we were done after a gin and three whiskies? Oooooh no! I did mention that this was the evening when our Whisky Ladies went pro?
The delightful Karen Walker, Global Marketing Head for Scottish Brands of InterBeverage Group then introduced us to not one but two AcCnoc offerings!
All along in the evening, Karen shared insight into the personalities of each distillery manager. In the case of AnCnoc, she described both the whisky and manager as “dry, humorous, complex.”
Here is what our ladies found…
AnCnoc 12 year 40% year aka Modern Tradition
- Nose – Soft, a drizzle of honey and citrus
- Taste – Playful quality, sweet, some fruit, VERY easy to drink
- Finish – Some found it quickly disappeared, others remarked there was indeed a warm soft finish, lingering yet subtle
Karen then unearthed a sample of the AnCnoc 22 year 46%!
- Nose – Bursting with citrus, flowery, mild yet with complexity, dry, evolves into berries with a hint of talcum powder and a whisp of smoke
- Taste – Quite sweet, a little ‘oily’ with coconut, some bananas… or oranges… or raisins… or all of them! Sweet spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- Finish – Ooooh! Lovely sweet berry finish, smokey with a hint of delicious sweet spices
This whisky sparked a slew of comments:
- “It is so fresh! Yet at the same time so mature…”
- “Incredibly well balanced and smooth… absolutely no rough edges.”
- “Warms you, completely inoffensive”
We quite enjoyed our double hitter from Knockdhu Distillery. Quite the ‘finish’ to a rather sociable sampling evening for our Whisky Ladies with Karen.
It is remarkable anyone was still standing after sipping Caorunn gin, Balblair 03, Speyburn 10 year, Old Pulteney 12 year!
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN