All along in the evening, Karen shared insight into the personalities of each distillery manager. In the case of AnCnoc, she described both the whisky and manager as “dry, humorous, complex.”
Here is what our ladies found…
AnCnoc 12 year 40% year aka Modern Tradition
- Nose – Soft, a drizzle of honey and citrus
- Taste – Playful quality, sweet, some fruit, VERY easy to drink
- Finish – Some found it quickly disappeared, others remarked there was indeed a warm soft finish, lingering yet subtle
Karen then unearthed a sample of the AnCnoc 22 year 46%!
- Nose – Bursting with citrus, flowery, mild yet with complexity, dry, evolves into berries with a hint of talcum powder and a whisp of smoke
- Taste – Quite sweet, a little ‘oily’ with coconut, some bananas… or oranges… or raisins… or all of them! Sweet spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- Finish – Ooooh! Lovely sweet berry finish, smokey with a hint of delicious sweet spices
This whisky sparked a slew of comments:
- “It is so fresh! Yet at the same time so mature…”
- “Incredibly well balanced and smooth… absolutely no rough edges.”
- “Warms you, completely inoffensive”
We quite enjoyed our double hitter from Knockdhu Distillery. Quite the ‘finish’ to a rather sociable sampling evening for our Whisky Ladies with Karen.