Speyburn 10 year aka distillery visit footwear
Karen shared that her ‘goal’ for the evening was to bring the distillery to us ladies in Mumbai. Which then turned to some fashion advice showing off her rather stylish wedges:
Wear wedges or flats, no heels!
Why? There are typically slats in the stairs and hence heels can get caught… to avoid ankle twisting and accidents, sensible (but stylish!) footwear is recommended…
Karen then shared how this Speyburn is considered a ‘classic’ single malt in the US – more than holding its own with high competition.
Here is what we found…
- Nose – Heavy caramel and spice, a bit of bananas, some raisiny goodness
- Taste – Completely piquant on the tongue! Cayenne and orange. Sweet, with toffee and lemon.
- Finish – Light with a bite on its way out…
- Water – Opens up nicely with a drop or two of water
- Overall – Interesting how it has a heavy nose but light mouthful
This whisky sparked remarks like:
- “Something you could gift to someone and expect that they’d like it!”
- “Perfect for a hot whisky toddy!”
Already sampled in our evening with Karen:
- Old Pulteney 12 year aka Whisky Ladies wonder what Prince Charles wears beneath his kilt!
- AnCnoc 12 and 22 year aka Whisky Ladies get playful
Related posts sampling with Stuart Harvey: