To ease into our evening with Karen Walker, Marketing Director of InterBeverage Group, we began with a refreshing gin cocktail that greeted our ladies as they waltzed in the door from all corners of Mumbai.
Some chose with soda, some preferred tonic. All had their gin topped with a thin slice of apple.
Caorunn Gin aka the appetiser
Here is what we found:
- Nose – Like a perfume! Strong dandelion, sense of ‘branching out’ into different elements
- Taste – Comparable to Hendrick’s yet more nuanced. Sweet, smooth on the tongue, complex with layering
- Finish – Let’s just say, we all thought it was a brilliant ‘finish’ to a hard day’s work and a very welcome way to begin our whisky evening
Karen shared the care taken in sourcing and blending five local botanicals to make a gin that is distinctly Scottish, given life in their Balmenach distillery.
Without a doubt, the Caorunn Gin was a complete hit and several whisky women later blamed the sample for sparking a re-interest in gin!
- Balblair 03 aka Whisky Ladies go historical
- Speyburn 10 year aka Whisky Ladies gain distillery fashion footwear advice
- Old Pulteney 12 year aka Whisky Ladies wonder what Prince Charles wears beneath his kilt!
- AnCnoc 12 and 22 year aka Whisky Ladies get playful
Related posts sampling with Stuart Harvey: