BenRiach 21 years 1988 Cask No 4423 54.8% (bottle 19 of 269)
- Nose – Sweet honey suckle, soft, romantic, a symphony of scents with figs, dates, treacle. A ‘nice’ whisky…
- Taste – Swung from sweet to spice, bursting with cinnamon and cardamoms, then fennel. Full of such a distinctively spicy character.
- Finish – Remained on the spicy side
- Overall – Clearly without peat, the final feeling was more of delicious spice rather than the sweet nose
What we appreciated most was the deceptively soft sweet nose which then made us stand up and pay attention with the spice. All in all a rather ‘nice’ dram!
Other whiskies sampled as part of our Scottish quartet included:
- Lowland – Little Mill 25 year 1989/2014 50.9%
- Highland – Lochside 1981 51.2% (Gordon & MacPhail)
- Islay – Laphroaig 16 year 1987 46% (Silver Seal)
If in Singapore, check out The Auld Alliance at:
- 9 Bras Basah Road, RendezVous Hotel, Gallery #02-02A, SINGAPORE 189559
- firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +65 6337 2201
- Round the world tour: Bushmills, Beam’s Choice, Kornog, Yamazaki Sherry
- Glendronach Grand Dames – Age DOES matter!
- Rare Japanese Whisky – Karuizawa 39 year 1973/2013 Cask No 1607 67.7%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: