“Nooooo….. say it isn’t so?”
That was my reaction when I learned that Ziegler distillery’s new owners have cut both their very promising whisky line AND brilliant gins. Whhhhhaaat??
In a flash, over ten years of whisky craft, creativity and curiosity disappeared. In its place is a lone new Ziegler whisky “Freud“…. How can this be??
So I quickly scrounged the internet and managed to get my hands on:
- Aureum Chestnut Cask 5 year 43% (EUR 46 + 19% tax for 700 ml)
- Aureum Classic 8 year 43 % (EUR 50 + 19% tax for 700 ml)
- Aureum 8 year Cask Strength 53,2 % (EUR 48 + 19% tax for 700 ml)
These new arrivals joined my choice from my weekend at Ziegler a year ago:
- Aureum The First 2010 Cask Strength 10 year 55.5%
I likely won’t open these anytime soon… however at least I know I have them when the time is right!
In the meantime, here are a few impressions from that remarkable weekend in November 2020:
- Ziegler Distillery Part 1: Ziegler 7 year Single Malt 40%, Aureum Classic 8 year Single Malt 43%, Aureum Chestnut Cask 5 year Single Malt 43%, Aureum Cask Strength 8 year 53.2%
- Ziegler Distillery Part 2: Aureum Grave Digger “The Bruce” Peat 8 year 43%, Aureum The First 2010 Cask Strength 10 year 55.5%, Aureum Port 8 year 68.5%, Aureum PX 8 year 67.5%
If you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: