The thing about proper whisky tasting evenings is there should be “left overs”…. which typically the contributor takes home. However from time to time, it is good to share “cleaning out” with others, particularly if it means a whisky others have not sampled.
That was exactly the case with this Glenmorangie 19 year. First opened in January 2018 with the Whisky Ladies, it made its way to an evening with the Bombay Malt & Cigar gents in June 2018.
And how did if fare oxidation for nearly 6 months?
Glenmorangie 19 year 43%
- Nose – Started with varnish but then quickly morphed into sweet, creamy, soft citrus, Swiss milky toffees, some lovely light florals – delicate white flowers
- Palate – Most pleasant, no wow factor but still rather nice, lots of fruit, a dash of salt mixed in with the melons
- Finish – Nuanced
In short, we found it had a classic Glenmorangie style. Nothing dramatic but exactly what you would expect from a properly matured highland dram.
Some memorable Glenmorangie experiences?
- Indian Launch of Prestige Range – 18 year, 25 year and Signet
- Bacalta launch event
- 10 year (1995/2006) Cask 13038, Bottle 45, 59.3%
- Interview with Bill Lumsden
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: