- Colour – Deep amber
- Nose – Oh happiness and joy! Deep, strong character, while the first whiff has tar and leather, it soon mellows into a delicious spicy honey, a tart hint of lime, warm vanilla… after the first sip, strong cinnamon, plums, yum!!
- Taste – Robust with a chewy depth, initially summer strawberries which later deepened into plums, envelops you with a delectable cocoa warmth, sooooo smooth and well balanced
- Finish – Nice chewy finish that lingers
- Water – Doesn’t overly dilute the character, however doesn’t reveal anything new either… can be added if you want to extend your sipping slightly…
- Overall experience – An imminently SOCIABLE whisky.
It was uncanny how after just a few sips, the chatter rose, sparked animated banter with amusing faffery. As a practice, we never re-pour during our initial tasting, however at first one, then another and another reached for the bottle to have just a wee bit more…
- Teeling’s single malt contains whiskies aged for up to 23 years
- Matured in a range of wine casks: sherry, port, Madeira, white Burgundy and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Small batch production
May whiskies snapshot:
- Scotland – Deanston Virgin Oak NAS 46.3% – Delicate, decent but a tad disappointing
- American – Hudson Single Malt NAS 43% – Example that small doesn’t necessarily mean better
- Ireland – Teeling Single Malt NAS 46% – Sociable dram
What others are saying:
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: