Ahh…. time to bring back the minis! Sample a wee trio or quartet – preferably from an independent bottler or with some kind of cohesive theme.
Enter my Drinks by the Drams Single Cask advent calendar from 2018 – bought as a ‘welcome’ present for my new home in Germany – back in October 2019!
Yes… I realize it is already 2021… but who says you need to crack things open immediately? Some could argue patience is a virtue!
However what it does mean is that the exact cask I sampled is likely long ago sold out or only available via auction.
That said, the bottler – in this case a trio from Old Particular from Douglas Laing – is very much bottling other single casks for your current sampling pleasure.
So what did I select?
- Jura 12 Year Old 2006 (cask 12966) 48.4%
- Mortlach 10 Year Old 2009 (cask 13061) 48.4%
- Talisker 8 Year Old 2009 (cask 12578) 48.4%
This particular range focuses on single casks – bottled not at the typical “Connoisseur’s” strength of 46% but 48.4%.
Don’t want to miss any posts? Why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN