La Maison du Whisky has created special Artist Series… at Whisky Live Singapore 2018 in Singapore, they featured their new 8 Series.
This time, they split the approach into non-sherry and sherry, with two different artists. We sampled them in the suggested order, alternating between non-sherry and sherry whiskies.
For the non-sherry whiskies, the artist selected was French photographer Jérémie Lenoir. As they share
“Immerse yourself in an ode to the purity of the elements and the natural graphics of the earth’s surface through the five labels of this new range.”
La Maison du Whisky Artist #8 sans Sherry
- Benrinnes 20 year (1995/2018) Hogshead Cask #9063 49.4% (279 bottles)
- Glenturret 30 year (1987/2018) Hogshead Cask #371 55.3% (214 bottles)
- Bruichladdich 25 year (1993/2018) Hogshead Cask #1640 46.9%
- Caol Ila 15 year (2003/2018) Hogshead Cask #302465 54.2% (282 bottles)
- Ardmore 10 year (2008/2018) Cask #800168 60.3% (233 bottles)
I personally thought each label remarkably fit the character of each whisky:
- From the salty metallic earthy quality of the Benrinnes
- The rosy delicate softness of the Glenturret
- The sea and air of the Bruichladdich
- Clearly the curls of smoke with the Caol Ila
- Finally the sturdy trees of the Ardmore….
Brilliant choice of expressions and images to match!
Don’t want to miss Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: