A certain word has entered our vocabulary – “Voluntold” – where one is rather enthusiastically volunteered for an activity or responsibility… accompanied by a fairly heavy undercurrent of being “told” to step up and “volunteer”….
Original credit goes to a dear friend from Winnipeg who “voluntold” her husband to be the official photographer at our wedding. Given he’s both a brilliant filmmaker and photographer, the results were spectacular, very welcome and the best possible gift!
Since then it has stuck.
And with some marvellous applications… including a recent innocent and offhand “suggestion” to a fellow whisky aficionado for an upcoming Bombay Malt & Cigar whisky session, which somehow slipped into a “voluntold” interpretation to acquire from La Maison du Whisky in Singapore.
And the results? A quite interesting quartet of Compass Box blends…
BMC’s Compass Box Quartet
- Whisky de Table 40% – “Send a bottle of whisky not wine to our table monsieur!”
- The Double Single 46% – Exceptional! Where the sum is greater than its parts
- Phenomenology 46% – The kind of whisky that inspires discussion and contemplation
- No Name 48.9% – Love it or not, you cannot ignore this peaty dram
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN