I love this part of monsoon – the temperature dips, the rains have a wildness and for a bit of time, we have just the right conditions to curl up indoors and enjoy a good dram.
So one fine Friday night, I and two whisky afficianados found ourselves free to explore a few interesting whiskies… just because.
What all did we sample?
- Eddu Silver 40% – Buckwheat whisky from Bretagne, France
- R & B Distillers – New entrant bottling interesting whiskies
- The Exceptional – Craft Distillers Sutcliffe and Ex Macallan’s Willie Phillips new baby
- Highland Park 12 year 40% – An echo of an 18 year favourite
- Finlaggan Cask Strength 58% – A most enjoyable mystery Islay
Oh yeah, and an absolutely undrinkable chilli rice-whiskey from Laos… Plus an impromptu chilled cocktail playing around with the Eddu’s unique qualities.
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: