I love this part of monsoon – the temperature dips, the rains have a wildness and for a bit of time, we have just the right conditions to curl up indoors and enjoy a good dram.
So one fine Friday night, I and two whisky affianados found ourselves free to explore a few interesting whiskies… just because.
What all did we sample?
- Eddu Silver 40% – Buckwheat whisky from Bretagne, France
- R & B Distillers – New entrant bottling interesting whiskies
- Borders Single Grain 51.7%
- Raasay “While We Wait” 46%
- The Exceptional – Craft Distillers Sutcliffe and Ex Macallan’s Willie Phillips new baby
- Blended Grain Scotch Whisky 43%
- Blend Small Batch Scotch Whisky 43%
- Highland Park 12 year 40% – An echo of an 18 year favourite
- Finlaggan Cask Strength 58% – A most enjoyable mystery Islay
Oh yeah, and an absolutely undrinkable chilli rice-whiskey from Laos… Plus an impromptu chilled cocktail playing around with the Eddu’s unique qualities.
Tasting notes coming in the next few weeks… or so…
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: