April brought another trip to Jakarta and Singapore – naturally fitting in a whisky flight too!
Plus two of our whisky groups met up and I revived my “mini” session too – with notes to follow in the coming months…
Whisky Ladies explore Master Distiller Rachel Barrie’s Bowmore Travel Trilogy:
- Blackrock 40% – Smoked fruit, sweet peat spice, easy to drink
- Gold Reef 43% – Maple syrup peat with bitter chocolate and honey sweet finish
- White Sands 17 year 43% – Our favourite of the trio!
Finally got around to sharing our February Original’s Undisclosed Distillery session with the BMC lads:
- Sansibar Islay 8 year 52.2% – Fresh muted peat with an evolving character, well rounded
- Port Askaig 19 year 50.4% – Sufficiently complex to to keep it interesting, for a peaty whisky quite elegant
- Wilson & Morgan “Highland Heart” Sherry Cask 43% – Rich marmalade, incredibly smooth and rounded… a rather regal…
View original post 257 more words