I returned from a terrific trip to Singapore to enjoy an indulgent evening of whiskies acquired by a member of the Bombay Malt & Cigar club in London.
Some were “pre-selected” by another member and I during our June 2016 Covent Garden The Whisky Exchange stop… falling into the category of “no brainers” for being different, none official distillery bottlings and all at a relatively reachable price…. made more so thanks to the “Brexit Booze” discount with the pound falling.
Needless to say, exploring a more affordable avatar of “adult” whiskies was a much anticipated treat!
- Imperial 20 year (1995/2016) 54.8% – Approx $87
- Benrinnes 24 year (1991/2016) 52.6% – Approx $135
- Linkwood 25 year 43% (G&MP) – Approx $110
- Blair Athol 27 year (1988/2016) 55.7% – Approx $160
Unfortunately between the time of purchase and consumption (Aug 2016), only the Blair Athol is available at TWE however some remain obtainable through other sources for reasonable prices.
Good to know there exists quite decent older drams that won’t break your piggy bank completely!
From time to time, you can also find other whisky related updates and activities on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN