J. B. G. Münsterländer comes from Geuting – a small distillery in Bocholt, in the north-west of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany near the border with The Netherlands. They began producing whisky in 2013 with both single grain and single malts.
J. B.G. Münsterländer Single Grain Whisky 6 year (12 Nov 2020 / 20 Mar 2017) Cask 26, 27, 28, 42% (Bottle 161/1000)
- Nose – Coconut, chocolate, caramel popcorn, fresh and creamy, marshmallows and cotton candy, bananas, light sweet spices
- Palate – Very sweet, smooth, really quite nice in an uncomplicated friendly style
- Finish – Nothing much to speak of.. but that’s OK
A nice “sniffing” whisky, one you can sit back, sniff and sip in a relaxed companionable way. A great discovery and one that prompted interest in exploring further… perhaps next time one of their single malts.
What do the Münsterländer folks have to say?
Our Single Grain Whisky from the Musterland region has received a slow and careful double distillation. Entirely aged to maturity in new casks crafted from American white oak our whisky is reduced to the sought alcohol content with our own well water fresh from source. This way you receive a mellow, well-balanced and full-bodied Single Grain Whisky.
- Nose – Rich aromas of vanilla, cocoa and nutmeg, harmonious
- Taste – Sweetness of cocoa and vanilla, fine wooden notes
- Finish – Mellow, nutty and long
My tasting companions had picked up this bottle on sale for around Our 30, however you can still find it online for approx Eur 45.
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: