Thanks to the lovely lads and lasses at Master of Malt, we were finally able on the 3rd attempt to get my 2019 Advent Calendar to Nurnberg, Germany.
Whilst I’m still not yet properly set-up, I simply had to crack open the calendar before catching a flight to India for Christmas… I didn’t have my favourite Glencairn glasses but “made do” with a pair of capita wanna be’s… Even better, I co-opted a friend to join in a small tasting quartet!
So what did we try? Here are the ones we dove into from the advent calendar minis:
- Rye – WhistlePig 10 Year Old 54.3% – Drinks By The Dram Exclusive
- Highland – Dalmore 14 Year Old 2003 57.8% – Single Cask (Master of Malt)
- Bourbon – Heaven Hill 8 Year Old “Revival” 2009 (cask 152736) 63.5% – The Higginbottom
- Islay – Caol Ila 8 Year Old 46% – Provenance (Douglas Laing)
Curious to check out more? Why not follow Whisky Lady on:
- WordPress https://whiskylady.co/
- FaceBook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN