It was an evening of sheer enjoyment, no serious masterclass, just good company, good whisky and an exceedingly good evening. It was in a most convivial South Mumbai home with the amusing and knowledgeable Stuart Harvey, Master Blender for IBHL gracing the occasion…
And what did we have the good fortune of enjoying? Some mighty fine whiskies – with no dissecting the drams in depth, only a few fleeting impressions remained…
- Light, fresh, green apples, had a classic oak matured quality, honey, citrus sweet
- A cheerful, happy whisky
- For many this was the most delicious! Baked apple pie, yum!
- Sweet and creamy, fruity with chocolate, balanced and nuanced
- In short, an exceedingly tasty dram
- Could clearly tell there was a marriage of ex sherry with ex bourbon – all the sherry sweetness and beautiful vanilla honey bourbon, light fruits, just enough spice to give it a little pizzazz, rich toffee, overall a class act
- Lovely long finish – just what one wants in a beautiful whisky!
- A complete change in pace! And in its new packaging too…
- Had all the usual Speyburn characteristics – shifted to bolder, direct dram… no pretence it is what it is…
- Everything one enjoys in the 10 years, just enhanced even more
Special shout out to Kavir and Vidhu with our host for putting together such a super fab evening.
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: