It is always a treat to peak into someone’s private whisky collection… even better when there is an opportunity to sample in a convivial atmosphere with others keen to explore.
On a sultry monsoon evening in Mumbai I found myself in Colaba entering a gorgeous home with a plot afoot to do a whisky tasting with a decidedly East Asian theme…
What did we sample?
- Togouchi Kiwami 40% – A most sake-like whisky! Grain from Canada and malt from Scotland, matured and blended in Japan..
- The Nikka 12 Year 43% – A marriage of Yoichi, Miyagikyo + coffey grain
- Yoichi Single Malt 45% – Their new NAS single malt
- Kavalan “Solist” Cask No B101124001A 58.6% – Exploring an ex-bourbon cask strength Taiwanese malt
Clearly the whiskies were sourced via La Maison du Whisky in Paris with some then continuing their journey to the UK… before making their way to Mumbai, India.
Want to know more? Click on the whisky links above…
- Whisky Ladies go to the far East – Kavalan Concertmaster Port Cask Finish 40%, Kavalan “Solist” Sherry Cask No S1001200358 57.8%, Nikka Coffey Grain 45%
- Japanese tasting session – take two!
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on:
- Facebook Whisky Lady in India – https://www.facebook.com/WhiskyLadyIN
- Twitter @WhiskyLadyIN