Springbank 15 year 46%
- Nose – Initial waft of oaky wood, a bit of varnish, wet dough, clearly had substance, biscuits, honey, a pronounced vanilla, shifting into white peach, a bit of spicy apple juice, more baked goods with powdered icing sugar, vanilla custard… after even more time took on a sour fudge sweet quality with nuts like almonds or walnuts
- Palate – Softer than we anticipated yet again with substance, cereals, silky, apple sauce, more of those yummy baked goods, a bit of spice in the nicest possible way… sugar and spice!
- Finish – Dry, lightly bitter, a bit of black liquorice, medium length yet solid
We immediately concluded with the 1st sip that this was one dangerously drinkable dram, that just kept being reinforced sip by sip. This was a whisky we would be happy to have sitting on our shelf, bringing out for guests who appreciate a good dram.
Here is what the folks over at Springbank have to say about this whisky:
Like a storm gathering off the Kintyre coast, our 15-year-old Springbank is dark and ominous, yet delicious. Best enjoyed after dinner or with your favourite cigar, this is a true classic.
- Nose: Demerara sugar, dark chocolate, Christmas cake, almonds, toffee, oak.
- Palate: Creamy, raisins, dark chocolate, figs, marzipan, brazil nuts and vanilla.
- Finish: Oak and sherry notes sustain and mingle with hints of leather.
PS You can find Springbank in India through The Vault Fine Spirits.
What all did we try in our Campbeltown meanderings:
- Glen Scotia Double Cask 46% – From another minis evening
- Glen Scotia 15 year 46%
- Glen Scotia Victoriana 51.5%
- Springbank 37 year (May 1970 / January 2005) Cask No1343 Bottle No 630 43% (Chieftain’s)
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: