What fun – a quartet of Glenfarclas minis to discover! For us… the logical place to begin was Glenfarclas 15 years…
- Nose – Fresh waff of polish, lemon, wood, astringent like antiseptic whips, a bit raw, citrus malty sweet, very clean
- Palate – Soft then malty, wildfire at the back and bitter
- Finish – Quite dry and stays
After we sampled the full set of Glenfarclas minis – the 105, 21 year and 25 year – we revisited the 15 year. What did we find?
- Nose – Sour ‘baby puke’, herbal, some subtle lemon
- Palate – SPICE! Top and back… then coated with sweetness
- Finish – Remains dry
Nice and straightforward. No surprises and no pretence. What you see is what you get. And there is nothing wrong with that.
And what did the folks over at Glenfarclas have to say?
- Colour – A rich golden amber.
- Nose – Complex, sherried, light butterscotch aromas, with a hint of dried fruit.
- Flavour – Full bodied with a superb balance of sherried sweetness and malty tones.
- Finish – Long lasting, gloriously sherried, sweet and distinguished.
We sampled this whisky in Oct 2017 from a closed bottle purchased from The Whisky Exchange in London as part of a gift pack for approx $50.
What all did we sample in our Glenfarclas minis session?
- 105 60%
- 21 year 43%
- 25 year 43%
You can also find Whisky Lady in India on: