A new year, a new chapter in whisky tasting adventures.
2020 kicked off with a real milestone in my whisky explorations – a celebration of 1,000 Whisky Lady posts! There are so many prolific and profound blogs out there, however I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all who have been part of this journey.
As I reflected on what brought me to this point, I shared a few insights:
- Top 10 Most Memorable Malts (that you won’t find anywhere)
- Top 5 Popular Posts (that may surprise you!)
- Malty memories… a wee events retrospective
As for new tastings? 2020 also began back home in Mumbai where we had a celebration combining our Whisky Ladies of Mumbai and Bombay Malt & Cigar club exploring something incredibly unique – two Japanese standards, bottled some 40-50 years apart:
- Suntory Excellence from the 1970/80s compared with Suntory Old from today
- Nikka Super Rare Old from the 1970/880s and 2019
Given we had no idea if the old bottles would even be drinkable, an Iwai and Hibiki were kept on hand to accompany dinner and a cigar.
I also shared notes from a remarkable Mumbai evening with Chorlton Single Casks:
Curious to know more? Check out recent Whisky Lady’s monthly missives:
And if you don’t want to miss a post, why not follow Whisky Lady on: