At Whisky Live Singapore 2018, there were a few choice Gordon & MacPhail whiskies available in the VIP section. It provided a great opportunity to sample fine whiskies – particularly aged drams one could ordinarily not afford.
We spotted this when we first perused what was available and knew we must try it. We were fortunate there were still a few drops left!
Caol Ila 33 year (1984/ 3 July 2018) Cask 181062 52.8% 216 bottles
- Nose – Smoke and fire and yet with beautiful balance, nutty, salted toffee, smoked meats, light herbal sweet grass, and tobacco
- Palate – Buttery, apricot plum, pastry, remarkably well-balanced peat, vanilla
- Finish – Long and smoky
It is such a treat to try something aged and beautifully peated. While it was only a small snifter, it was more than enough to know we were lucky to have such an opportunity.
And what would this set you back? While the 33-year was not on sale, the 34-year-old was retailing for SGD 1,100. Yikes!
- Miltonduff 10 year 43%
- Inchgower 13 year (2005/2018) 55.1%
- Glenlivet 14 year (2003/2018) 56.5%
- Mannochmore 18 year (1999/2018) 46%
Want more Whisky Lady posts? Follow this blog on: